70's League Deuce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Butch
Admin
Butch

shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX Empty
PostSubject: shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX   shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:03 am

I contacted fantrax to find out why they were giving our goalies points for both overtime losses and shootouts losses
i.e they gave n.backstrom +25 for a shootout loss and +20 for an overtime loss when it should have only been +25 for a shootout loss .I figured its either going to be one or the other right ? -not both.
I checked Dipietro's score this morning and they did the same thing for him

our set up gives
+25 for a shootout loss
+20 for an overtime loss

this is their reply
''Hi Butch,

A shootout loss is still considered an overtime loss, so you don't need the former category, unless you want to award extra points for a goalie losing in a shootout as opposed to just in overtime.

Thanks,
Neil
The Fantrax Team''

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so as you can see , we need to make a change to the formula because they will continue to award +20 to a goalie for an ot loss as well as +25 if he loses in a shootout

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what I will do is leave overtime losses at +20 at fantrax and change shootout loss to +5

this way when your goalie loses in a shootout he'll get the +20 from the ot loss (going by what neil at fantrax says)and the +5 for the shootout loss.
Back to top Go down
https://70sdeuce.forumotion.com
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX   shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:15 am

heres an update on this

I sent this in as a COMPLAINT -lets see what their reasoning is

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting more and more confused with you guys as the days go by.

a few weeks ago I asked why you were awarding overtime losses and shootout losses .I ''had'' my goalies set up to receive +20 for an overtime loss and +25 for a shootout loss .

to which your reply to me was this

--------------------------------------------------------

''A shootout loss is still considered an overtime loss, so you don't need the former category, unless you want to award extra points for a goalie losing in a shootout as opposed to just in overtime.

Thanks,
Neil
The Fantrax Team''
---------------------------------------------------

therefore , I switched my goalies to receive +20 for an overtime loss and +5 for a shootout loss which would equate to the same purpose .

Today , I check out your stat correction area and notice you took away overtime losses to the following games.

Hiller, Jonas ANA ATL@ANA 10-15-10 22:00 Overtime Losses 1 0 Thu 10/21/10 7:14AM
Howard, Jimmy DET COL@DET 10-12-10 19:30 Overtime Losses 1 0 Thu 10/21/10 7:14AM
Luongo, Roberto VAN LA@VAN 10-9-10 22:00 Overtime Losses 1 0 Thu 10/21/10 7:14AM
DiPietro, Rick NYI DAL@NYI 10-9-10 19:00 Overtime Losses 1 0 Thu 10/21/10 7:14AM
Backstrom, Niklas MIN MIN@CAR 10-8-10 12:00 Overtime Losses 1 0 Thu 10/21/10 7:14

So are you now counting overtime losses and shootout losses seperately (which is how I had originally thought you were , which is why I set up my goalies that way in the first place)?????
Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX   shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi Butch,

Yes, Overtime Losses and Shootout Losses are separate now. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Neil
The Fantrax Team
Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX   shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:28 pm

so I'll be switching it back to the way I had it originally No

maybe I should create my own stat service
Back to top Go down
steve

steve

PostSubject: Re: shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX   shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Good to see that they have finally figured it out. Does this mean that we'll be credited for the correct amount of points for any goalies involved in these losses going back to the beginning of the season?
Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX   shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:48 pm

its taken care of steve

I simply had to switch shootout losses back to +25 in the admin tool box

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX   shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shootout losses/ot losses--FANTRAX
Page 1 of 1