70's League Deuce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas for next season

Go down 
+5
maya has the knife
Bruins GM
Sudden Death
Danmor
Butch
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Butch
Admin
Butch

Ideas for next season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm

its just a 12 team league so I think all 12 should be competitive year in and year out

teams would certainly be required to field at minimum 20 legit nhl starters

the 80% gp rule & protection limits should keep lotto teams from loading up on too many prospects.

I think we would be more worried if this was a 20+ team league where total strip down rebuilds seem more common .

Back to top Go down
https://70sdeuce.forumotion.com
Barry - Nehithaw

Barry - Nehithaw

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 pm

I'll chime in here.

I think that the last suggestion of having a 20 man bench is going beyond what Butch intended. Mark's idea is something different altogether and would require a different strategy. I don't think that we want to mess around TOO much with what Butch has set up.

As far as the other stuff goes:

We definitely need more IR spots, without getting into some scientific equations, 3 seems like a good number.

With IR spots being suggested, why would there be a need for more FA pick-ups than we currently have? It's just my opinion, but to me it is just one more flavour-of-the-week/streaming spot. But I'm probably in the minority here.

Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 am

not sure I'm following you Barry .
the suggested 20 man reserve bench would be our reserves + prospects -so nothing changes in so far as total players .As of right now , we have 10 reserves + a 10 man farm

it was suggested as a way to make things easier for everyone to simply lump it together(10 rsvs + 10 farm)with no caution set towards prospect or depth type limits .

mark is concerned that if theres no governing of how many prospects are allowed on the 20 man reserve/prospect bench , teams may load up on too many prospects therfore making said team less competitive for their h2h matchups .

Back to top Go down
maya has the knife

maya has the knife

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Why not leave rosters as they are but have our farm teams incluided on the fantrax website without predetermined GP limits? so for instance, if jon bernier were to surpass the 35 GP limit at some point next season while on the farm, he either needs to stay there until the offseason or be brought up immediately at which point a rostered player must be dropped. so once a prospect hits the 70/35 mark a decision must be made immediately. it would require some patroling buit nothing that a simple list of farm players with their current GP couldn't easily track.

i'd like the farm teams to be included on the fantrax rosters and i don't think we need the premium features to make it work. also, however we can make this a less manual league where each GM controls his moves a little more i would be in favor of. i'm not used to having weekly deadlines. with fantrax being so user friendly, most of our transactions should be in our own hands. if we want to add a FA why not allow us to add them whenever? less work for you and it will put the onus more on the other GMs. if a player of theirs is injured they can remedy the situation right away instead of waiting for a specific day to arrive.

just some food for thought. i'll be fine if we can't put the farm teams on the fantrax rosters, that's not a huge deal to me. i would, however, like this to become a league that's more in the hands of each GM. if someone can't make transactions on a daily basis then replace them. all we really do right now is set our lineups every day yet we can't add FAs on a daily basis? limit the number of FA acquisitions to 50 or something and leave it in our hands. we have a lot of competent GMs in this league, so i think it's something that should be discussed.
Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:14 pm

james , we're all in agreement on gm's handling their own transactions next year.
thats a done deal.

Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:27 am

I'd like to get a better idea of how many of you would be cool with (or not) the combined reserves/farm lumped together idea that has been proposed.

I believe we are a good crew of fellas who can be trusted to ice competitive teams that have a nice balance of prospects / depth types in the 20 reserve slots .

If some gm's choose to have more depth types to aid in their quest to win more h2h matchups , go further in playoffs then so be it .

for draft preparation purposes each summer gm's would submit their
A)list of 10 prospects for auto protection (would have to be at or under our 70/35 gp max)

B)list of 19 or 20 (pending how many goalies you protect)of the remainer of their roster .

would really like to simplyfy things fellas .
yes , I've been spelling simplify incorrectly , among many other words I'm sure Smile
Back to top Go down
Danmor

Danmor

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 am

Count me in for a "yay" for 20 man reserve (10/10).

Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:20 am

Danmor wrote:
Count me in for a "yay" for 20 man reserve (10/10).

not sure what the (10/10) is in reference to .
I would not want to police everyones reserves to ensure 10 depth / 10 rookies were there .

the idea would be gm's are smart enough/trustworthy enough to find the right balance on their own terms .
Back to top Go down
Sudden Death

Sudden Death

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 am

I am cool with adding our prospects into our reserves on the main roster page.
Back to top Go down
Butch
Admin
Butch

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:13 pm

joe from the uno

''I concur.''

Joe P
MTL GM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for next season   Ideas for next season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for next season
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2